R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22-4 2.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Frank Root
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgers75
Good review. Im guessing the angled ball cups are for clearance if your running the shocks on the front of the arm
In the angled ball cup bag, you also get the steering link (servo to bell crank) ball cups. That's why this part number is listed. The angled ball cups are not used on the 22-4 2.0.

Originally Posted by b1narych0ice
Oh hay, my build post is now on top of the thread... cool!

I've got about 30 packs on the new car now and I've let a bunch of people drive it: the track owner, some sponsored guys, and a 9 year old who's never driven 4WD before (who's actually a really good driver)... I think at least 8 people have put at least half a pack on the car. I call this "my 22-4 sales pitch," basically you hand a guy the remote and tell him to run a pack. They walk out of the store about 15 minutes later with a 22-4 box under their arm

I was feeling pretty brave to let others drive it because there aren't any parts on the wall for the new car in the LHS until tomorrow... but I was eager to do some grassroots durability testing to see what broke first.

I have nothing to report, car seems like a tank. It's been into the wall and pipes plenty, and it still makes the "Losi clack" sound when it comes down sideways like the old car. So far the only break was just a ball cup popping off the rear hub in an encounter with the wall. 10/10 so far on durability, but I can't tell you what spare parts to stock up on!
Glad to hear it is going well!