R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS engines
Thread: STS engines
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 07:14 PM
20 SMOKE
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally posted by porter
Hi everybody, I have a few questions. I just received my brand new D3R, and am getting ready for the break in process. Be aware that I am very new to nitro, and some of these questions may sound a little dumb.

1. I was unaware that there was not a plug included with the engine, and would like to know what you recommend, for break in process, and for running with 20% and 30% fuels?

2. Do you recommend disasembling the engine, and cleaning the internals before begining the break in process?

3. Should you be able to turn the engine over by hand? I can turn it to the top of the stroke, and then it feels like it is locked.

4. Should a lower nitro percentage be used during break in, or should you use 20% or 30%, as you would be racing with?

5. Should any oil, be placed in engine before turning over for the first time, or do you just put fuel in the tank and crank it?

I think thats about it for now, Thanks!
get a nova C7TGC plug you won't be able to turn it by hand yet, put some after run in it through the top and spin it on your bump box then put the plug in and fire it up. follow the directions that come with it and take your time it takes a while