R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)
Old 06-09-2016, 12:13 PM
RepEvox
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm not sure if there's other threads like this on this forum, but I wanted to ask a personal question to people running 8s 1/8 onroad cars. Do you think it's worth the money invested in batteries and speed controls? I'm debating whether or not to buy an ESC (and I have no clue which I would buy) and some 4s batteries. I'm already heavily invested in this hobby so I'm not too opposed to spending another $500 on batteries and a speed control. Ideally, I'd like to stick with Castle, but I'm not sure about the XLX. Maybe I should wait until the issues are sorted out with the current limiting. As it stands, my MMX on 6s already thermals after a couple passes with a Castle 1515 2200kv motor. My MGT7 is kind of in the shop right now so I don't have any data on my 1600kv motor yet. I ran it with the 1600kv briefly and I think my electronics were a little happier. I'd like to buy a 250A continuous ESC, but like I said, I'm not too sure and wanted to get some input from people who already have 150mph setups. I expect to buy some Turnigy Graphene 4000mAh batteries so that they fit comfortably. I don't expect long run time though the Graphene's advertise longer runtime.