R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 06:07 PM
jag
Tech Master

Default Re: More questions

Originally posted by alucard13
Sorry guys but I have more questions about the engine. I finally got the flywheel and shaft to co operate with each other (thanx jag).

But I am totally confused about the clutch gap and end play. I know this is probably a difficult question to answer and can only really be determined once you get to the track but can anyone tell me a somewhat neutral setting? Like how many shims to put next to the thrustbearing and what bearings/shims do i put next to the flywheel nut? Example, i see in the manual (step 8.7) that it wants you to put 1 M11 and two U4's (and i dont know what the thing in between the U4's are called) by the flywheel nut? Is this standard and you tweak from their. Or is this only for other things. and in step 8.6 to put 2 shims. are these only for picture purposes or would these be the neutral settings?

Sorry to be such a P.I.T.A guys but I want to get this right as much as I can. I have an RRL3 If that makes any difference.
The best instructions I have found on clutch setup are by Glenn C. on mytsn. Go to mytsn.com and under columns (I think) you will find an article on "building the perfect centax III clutch" and there is another one, I can't remember the name. Read those and follow his directions and you will be in good shape. It's not hard... it just takes a little time.