R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by odpurple
That's why I run them down the center. With center routing, the wires only have to twist a little right near the pivot ball as the pod moves. With 1-2 cell routing you would need to add a loop or some length to keep the wires from restricting pod movement.

I'm going to center-wire the L4 I'm building right now. I plan to shrink wrap the wires to the t-bar brace, then they will go around the center damper brace post, then turn 90 deg toward the motor. This isn't my car so the wires will make a little loop up to the top motor lugs, if it were my own car, the wires would go straight to the bottom lugs, like on my link cars.
I am just about through reassembling my Yokomo 1/12th and building a new Trinity Reflex 12 and I shrunk wrapped the two wires to the T bar brace. It works really well. I don't have any pictures yet but it provides the same functionality as OD's pictures of the Speed Merchant car and the Hara car that he posted. It keeps the wires directly in line with the pivot points of the motor pod. The only real difference would be that on the link cars or the Hara cars the wires are at their lowest for CG. Shrunk wrapped to the T bar brace does raise the center gravity more but its minuscule due to the weight of the Castle Creations 16ga wire.