R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 02:40 PM
antlockyer
Tech Regular

I picked up my daughters car at the track today. AS I was fitting her steering servo a man was struggling with the main door, I called out to make sure he was OK and he said he could manage.

a couple of minutes later he came up to me and said his son had given up racing and he'd just laid out a bunch of stuff for people to help themselves to free of charge. He said there was a few mini bits there and I should get in before everyone else does.

so I did.

Scored front and rear alloy hubs, adjustable front end bits, Super CVA dampers, 2 shells (CRX and Alto works) and most of a set of brand new 54000s among other things.

The 54000s have all the external parts and the plastic trees but no metal parts or o rings. Would the bag of bits from the super mini shocks fit?

Whatever the outcome it was a real haul, probably got as much as I paid for Audrey's mini so it feels like a good day.

She drove her car round the track for the first time, slow going but she got round. I've set her car up a bit better now so hopefully we'll get some practice in bashing and get her ready to race.