R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 06:45 AM
Metal One
Tech Regular

I'm kind of in a rare situation here. My LHS recently changed owners, changed its name and was completely remodeled. New website too. No cars on it yet but they are coming, along with an online store to purchase or check stock on every item he has inside the store, so that'll be neat. What used to be mostly aircraft of all shapes, sizes and ages is now lots of new quads and multi-rotors because that's what will keep the lights on. He has FPV car and quad demos, courses and workshops on weekends and is really doing a lot more to get people interested than the previous owner, who just wanted to retire. He's building a crawling area too.

The selection of planes is now much smaller. New boats and cars have been added and his selection of vehicles and parts is growing quickly. Mostly Horizon stuff so far. Vaterra, ECX and Losi but Horizon also sells a good selection of Tamiyas so there is hope. I grabbed one of the little 1/18 ECX Ruckus monster trucks for a hunski just to support the guy. It's a fun little truck but I'm already going brushless with it.

Aarma is a Hobbico brand so it looks like he kept the Great Planes account as well. That means I can still get HPI through him should HPI ever get their act together and start shipping stuff again. Not that I need to with Tower only 2 days away but I do whatever I can to support the LHS.

Here's the thing. Thunder RC Raceway is 10 minutes down the road from him and he's the closest shop to the track. The previous owner didn't really stock cars at all. Maybe one or two. He's got an opportunity here to do... something... anything to help support the local racing scene and maybe get new people into the store who simply have had no need to go there for the past 10 years.

Last edited by Metal One; 05-28-2016 at 07:12 AM.