R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New engine and ESC to Tamiya TT-01E
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 12:42 PM
funked1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
funked1,

Yes, I just purchased my TT02 for the same reason as you. I realized I have like 10 cars but they are all for racing ...I don't have anything I can just bash w/ ...i liked the price and closed diff of the TT02 just like you. I opted for the TT02D type S model, l ..sold the drift wheels and tires for $20 and kept all the S parts. I'll be setting it up as a basher/street car not a drifter. I too got a few of the necessary upgrades: Tamiya Aluminum motor mount (plastic motor mount just didn't see right to me), Yeah racing steering set and Yeah racing CV joints. The S comes w/ aluminum drive shaft, metal cup joints, etc...

Mine came w/ oil filled shocks, not the cheap friction dampers. The oil filled seem pretty good actually, -almost as good as aluminum shocks. Only thing is they aren't threaded so I don't have the precision ...but for bashing may not be a big deal.
Sounds good. Did you use the kit motor? The CVA shocks are just fine despite the lack of threads. You can just use the spacers. You can't really use them to do corner weights / tweak, but they are fine for getting the ride height dialed in.
I broke a front upright on mine when I took it on the track at Speedworld. It's a poorly designed part, so I got the Yeah Racing aluminum ones and haven't had any problems.