R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated SC5M Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 11:40 PM
ray_munday
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ive run my SC5M on loose conditions and Ive found it very driveable. I run the Brass D block and with a shorty battery, the weight distribution is similar to my Sc10 but the handling is much more responsive.

The SC5m is much better with grey front springs and going up in front oil. It also needs the ball diff to be run much tighter than in a buggy. If you run it loose, it turns in too hard and diffs out on exit.

Ive adapted a front sway bar to my truck (JConcepts SC10 bar) and use a standard B5M rear bar and this also makes a big difference to stability in high speed sweeping corners.

Here is my setup sheet from 2 weeks ago (note that I was using 4mm trail not 2mm trail - mistake on the sheet).

Ray

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ...eilor20160507/

Originally Posted by man1ac
Had the first test with little change:
Front is kit Setup:
Did the rear shocks for 30wt and green spring
Added 50(f*******)grams at the rear bumper (no brass stuff, just pure old weight)
went to bead locs in the rear

Still nowhere near to where I want to be. Its driveable but if you just think of accelerating two fast, you spin. On the other hand, If you go too fast into a corner the car (hard to descrive) just nose dives into the corner, the rear gets loose and spin.

Next step will be 35wt and grey spring in front, adding a gear diff with 5k oil. Hopefully that will help a bit. If still nothing I will have a look at your other mentioned stuff like roll center.

(For comparison: I've tried my B5M on the same track 32.5 front/27.5 rear (from my B5R) and added 25g in the rear - was perfectly driveable and really fast )