R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated SC5M Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 10:20 PM
man1ac
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by loopedeloop
Front is kit setup.
Rear shock oil 30wt
Rear springs green. These are really soft so I ended up using 9mm spring perches.
Brass D mount.
3.5 rear toe.
5gm xtra weight added at each rear block.
Alloy rear hubs.
Alloy front hubs and castor blocks. (Front hubs by integy , very nice takes care of the bearing slop issue).
The added weight was the biggest single improvement I have seen.
Remove all spacers from inner rear camber links to raise roll centre. Do this one at a time and try it out. Roll centre changes made a real difference too.
I run AKA gridiron rear tires. Fronts don't seem to make much difference on my track. Fine pin style tires seem the go to design for our track.
Had the first test with little change:
Front is kit Setup:
Did the rear shocks for 30wt and green spring
Added 50(f*******)grams at the rear bumper (no brass stuff, just pure old weight)
went to bead locs in the rear

Still nowhere near to where I want to be. Its driveable but if you just think of accelerating two fast, you spin. On the other hand, If you go too fast into a corner the car (hard to descrive) just nose dives into the corner, the rear gets loose and spin.

Next step will be 35wt and grey spring in front, adding a gear diff with 5k oil. Hopefully that will help a bit. If still nothing I will have a look at your other mentioned stuff like roll center.

(For comparison: I've tried my B5M on the same track 32.5 front/27.5 rear (from my B5R) and added 25g in the rear - was perfectly driveable and really fast )