R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2016 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:58 AM
Kevin K
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE

**A track may specify the USVTA 25.5 Novak motor instead of the ROAR 21.5 motor due to track size or driveability issues. Points will still be counted as long as all participants use the same motor at the same track.[/B]
It really comes down to this last line here....If you want to run 21.5 motors at your race that is up to you and the powers that be. If you want to run 25.5 motors again that is your choice. I think the part about NOVAK 25.5 was before the ROAR rules and motors were approved for 25.5...so I think now it would be open to any ROAR legal 25.5 motor. Also everyone should be on the same turn of motor...either 21.5 or 25.5 not a mix of both. It seems most carpet tracks are running 25.5 and the quality of racing has gone up along with car counts too!

FWIW...Rob is working out some more "current" F1 rules and they should clear this part up but I believe what I said is true. When time allows Im sure they will be up on the USVTA site.