R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VBC Racing D08
Thread: VBC Racing D08
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 09:17 AM
tonyv2382
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
I had a tweek issue with my D08 as well and no matter what I did I could not get the tweak out. For the heck of it I flipped the top deck over and all the tweak was gone, not sure how or why, but that was the only build problem I had with the car.

Your picture pretty much negates your argument on reaming the arms of the car. You wouldn't ream the MI6 arms since your locking the pins in place with the grub screws. So why would you ream the arms of the D08? For that matter any of the cars that use a suspension bridge that supports the pin with a floating pillow bushing shouldn't need the arms reamed. (Tamiya,Serpent,Yokomo,VBC) The real difference is, with the MI6, that because they are using ball bearings, as soon as you start to increase arm toe you put extra drag/bind on those bearings opposed to the floating bushing that floats in the suspension holder and eliminates the drag or bind. I don't see the MI6 bearings floatng in their holders.

CPlus is correct.
My picture illustrates how a a company made the hinge pin assembly better and more free without the need for reaming. I never said you'd have to ream the mi6 arms lol, I stated you shouldn't have to ream anything. The inner pins on the d08 were so snug and needed reaming just to move. Maybe in your world that's acceptable, not in mine.