R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 07:58 AM
rcgod
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdchris
Having a weird issue with my steering and want to see what people think. I'm running the sidewinder system so was running with the esc bec before which is 5.5v. Steering was pretty weak and slow with my hitech 7954sh.

Last night I wired up a castle 10a bec to it set at 7.4v and now the speed of the servo is much better, however it's getting much more torque turning left (pushing the linkage) than turning right (pulling the linkage).

When pushing the linkage if I hold the wheel straight the servo will completely overpower the servo saver and rotate the top half about 30 degrees. However when pulling the linkage if I hold the wheel straight it will not overpower the servo saver at all, maybe a couple degrees.

Anybody else experience this? Seems to me that I should have the same steering torque in both directions. Haven't swapped out the servo yet to check my spare.
I've had that problem several times over the years. For me it has been the servo going out. Had a couple of KO and one futaba do it. Servo works fine just low torque in one direction. I bet if you disconnect the steering linkage and hold the servo arm by hand you will feel it stall out sooner in one direction. Unless that is you have a lot of binding in your steering to one side.