R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Suppressor tire?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 04:17 AM
Stubbs
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arctic RC
Is this a good allround tire? I want to have only one tire design so I don't need to worry about that as well.
I love the Suppressors, they're definitely one of my "go to" tires. With that being said, if you run on tracks that have a lot of fluff, like more than just some dust on the edges, the Suppressor pins might be a tad short. In those conditions, the taller pins on the Lockdowns might be a better choice.

I have three treads that I use regularly....
Lockdowns - Really loose, deep loam, really fluffy tracks (which is basically the typical practice conditions, and sometimes the racing conditions on some of the club tracks here on the East coast)
Suppressors - Hard packed tracks, with some fluff, but mainly just a light to medium layer of fluff outside of the racing line. So yes, this is probably a good "all around" tires, as you asked.
Fugitives - Hard packed, high traction, minimal dust.

From those three tread patterns, I'll usually have M4, M3, X4, and X3 compounds. That covers 99% of the conditions I've seen.

My son and I plan to do more racing during the hotter parts of the summer this year, so I'll probably wind up swapping out some of the X4's for some X2's during July / August.