R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated T5M Discussion
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 04:03 AM
freezeframe007
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TOBAMA
Does anyone run one of these in their T5m's? If so what Spur and pinion gear ratio are you running for a 13.5 motor. Thinking about purchasing one of these for my truck.
I put one in my 22T shortly after I built it. I was news to 2wd and chasing setup to get traction and such. I loved it. In that truck I had a 69T spur. I found that helped with my handling probably because I gave up a lot of torque with the smaller spur. That helped me with traction in a round about way.

I am still building this truck and already bought one an installed it. The build isn't finished yet but, I will run it in a 17.5 stock class. I chose a slightly larger 72T spur. I will still have the 69T if I need it and plan on getting a 75T also to give me some choices.

I am hoping I get T5m to the same point or better than 22T. That said; the SC5m I picked up is setup for mod sct and has a slipper and seems to handle pretty damn well. Not sure if that is because I am getting better at 2wd or if the truck is just awesome. I guess I will see when I finish this build and put it in the dirt.