R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 04:16 PM
freebird
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deceit
hello, i recently got a losi scte, and it came with the following... i ran it twice and it burned both batteries positives off... i bought a new gens ace 5000mah 50c 2s, that ran without burning.. so i dont know if the used batteries were bad, or if the setup is bad? I haven't had a lipo rc ever, i used to have nitro and electric 10 years ago, but a lot has changed... i thought it was a good find, but it ruined 2 of the batteries that the guy sold me (i used the charge that was on the batts, so it wasn't from charging).. lol. loving the scte, but worried about the modded setup, since it burned through 2 batteries, one was bulging really bad though... any ideas?
1st. Let me say by your pictures. I would resolver your motor connections..... They could use a better joint there.
2nd 4wd SCT's are really hard on 2cl batteries. Bullet connections are hard to get to work well with out a lot of resistance. Danny with SMC batteries had me switch all my SCT batteries to Traxxis connectors and I haven't had an issue since.

The deal here is amp draw the the SCT pulls. its real hard on 2cl's Ive gone through a ton of good batteries and some very high dollar one too. just do yourself a favor and use a better that has the Traxxis connecter and don't fuss with it any longer. No Deans; No EC3's or 5's just Traxxis.