R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 05-06-2016, 03:19 PM
WesRaven
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by danielc3009
Has anyone had any problems with am23 bending? If I get hit on a rear wheel am23 will bend/twist and I have a lot of toe on that wheel. I wonder if it because I run a lot of shims (around 5mm) on the ball stud to maintain a constant toe angle throught the suspension travel. How many shims do people use on the rear am23/st24?
I havn't bent my back steering arms yet (only the front after many impacts) but I can see how that would happen with 5mm of shims; that's a lot of leverage. I'm only running 2.75. Just a suggestion; If you go with more short caster in the back you wouldn't need so many shims.

Originally Posted by danielc3009
Also has anyone tried the new spr02h yet? I'm thinking of buying them as I broke a spr02 as well as bent a spring when the travel up stop limiter broke after I got hit at the end of a straight last weekend
I'm running the new SPR02H on both my 700 and 800 and love them. I no longer have to slightly bend and adjust the old SPR02 to get a nice tight fit on the SP05 every time I rebuild my car.

The only issue I've had is since they are slightly longer than the SPR02 they will hit the P04 if you slide the damper out much farther than 4mm. I'm going to try to resolve this by putting thicker oil in my dampers so I can back the dampening setting off a bit.