R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BRUSHLESS MOTORS Now Legal At ROAR Races & The IFMAR Worlds!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Turbo Joe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jack Smash
Not pushing a few buttons, having an engineer with a laptop plugged into you car to change the whole "mapping" of the speed control, similar to a Formula 1 team.

Oooohhh...you mean like with THIS or THIS?

Seriously guys...you need to get a grip. I see guys every week at the track messing on laptops. For those of you "fast guys" who are always looking for that little edge, you should be able to sell your dyno (or lathe, or brush serrator or can zapper or field meters) to pay for a used laptop.

For the rest of us "slow guys" who just want to race and have fun without all the drama...IMO, it's a good deal. I run my GT-7 on a factory program and same for my SS4300...I don't see how it would be any different in the future.

This reminds me of all the pissing and moaning in the mid-80's when the 5.0 Mustang went EFI and all the old-timers were complaining that the performance era was over (again) and that nobody would be able to work on their own cars.

Screw carburetors, screw brushes.