R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 04-24-2016, 04:50 PM
BRSracing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The RC industry makes a living on speculation and future discussion so its only natural when something appears to be on the horizon people talk about it.
They all seem to tease blacked out pictures drop hints on facebook etc. to get people excited. Personally I like how Xray does things and each year has a current year car like the real industry, XB4 2014-2016.
The B5M is a great car but it is a bit dated in my opinion. Over the past couple of years i have had the TLR 22 3.0 Xray XB2 B5R B5m B5m Lite and the Kyosho RB6.
Out of all of them the RB6 has been my favorite with the B5m series second. The fit and finish the Kyosho car is nicer than AE and their shocks are much nicer than AE. Both AE and Kyosho need updated cars. The AE you have to cut the chassis braces to fit almost any electronics in it and have nice layout and the RB6 you have to cut the braces to move the battery sideways. Those complaining about the past several posts about speculation and new car discussion if it were not for those posts there would not be really any posts in here. The B5 series has gone about as far as it can go with the current chassis and the newer technology. The rc industry has changed at a rapid pace the last two years and the current platforms have been dated much sooner than were used to. Almost everyone has brought out a new platform in the last 12 months and i think you will see the remaining big two Kyosho and AE follow soon.