R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle X series ESC's
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Overdriven
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mudbug85603
Sounds like a plan to me....Now if Castle would pick up on that idea. It's really got to be a blow to the ego to drop $450 on a motor/esc combo and, your buddies Hobbyking combo for $113 blows your doors off
Don't take this the wrong way or anything but lately you've been laying it on really thick with the Castle hate. Even Jang had to come in and commend Overkill for his level headed posts on URC with all the Castle bashing posts by you and others who aren't experiencing this issue let alone own a Castle product.
Edit: Are you targetingxmod on URC? Just now realized the different user names, I was just going by memory of the Castle hate and Hobbywing love when I made this post. If not I rescind my comment about URC but not about laying it on thick with the castle hate.

Aimed at no one in particular. In a perfect world Castle would've published that there's a fail safe. They also would've made the X series more capable and set the fail safe to a level equal to or greater than non X series esc's so nobody could complain. Maybe that is the case though and the handful of people complaining are experiencing a glitch that trips the fail safe sooner than intended. Nobody except Castle knows how much you can push the esc before the fail safe kicks in or the parameters the fail safe is looking for. Is it just amps, wattage, ripple, voltage drop? Is it a complex algorithm of two or more of these parameters? Does it look at upper limits or how fast the curve is rising to predict the draw and the prediction model is not as good as hoped? Maybe there was some variable not taken into account, one that needs tweaking or a coding error? Given a chance Castle has been known to correct issues, give them a chance to. Nobody is perfect, Hobbywing is on version 3 of the Max line and they've only been out since late last year right?

Last edited by Overdriven; 04-23-2016 at 08:48 PM.