R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FSEARA 2016-17 new season proposals/discussion
Old 04-22-2016, 01:45 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

You know, I just can't resist stating the obvious, so Robert and Pete, please listen to what I have to say; it does not matter if 386 runs road course on the same day as FSEARA. IT DOESN'T MATTER PERIOD. Hopefully, that's clear enough.

Here's why....if a racer wants to attend a state race, they will. Plain and simple. It is truly that simple. Trust me, there isn't a crowd of guys choosing 386 over a state race because it's open instead. The guys going to 386 WOULDN'T BE TRAVELING TO THE STATE RACE EVEN IF 386 WAS CLOSED.

Though I won't disagree that oval could be run.....it doesn't matter....and that's the point.

I pick and choose now. I may race or I may not. I spent my several years running every single state race and enjoyed my time in doing so. With that said, I will say exactly what I said this time last year and no one even responded to my post. Half the problem is this....hear me this time, there are tracks on the current schedule that do NOT have a local following and regularly scheduled races. That in itself is the problem. Not too long ago, every track on the schedule had a regularly scheduled race program except Minnreg and even then Minnreg was being run more often during the year.

How can you move local racers to a state following when half the tracks don't have a single local racer?

The Village and Valkaria have very good local programs and they encourage their racers to attend FSEARA events....and it works. It would be my suggestion that 386 gets on the schedule, and hopefully their following will become regulars on the FSEARA series. And also become dedicated followers so that.....HEAR ME....they wouldn't care if 386 were open, the would choose the series race.

If you believe that Chris' changing to oval or closing on the day of the FSEARA race and in-turn series attendance will grow, I've got a unicorn I'll sell you.