R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 12:06 AM
novaris
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
The XV-01T is closer to a rally-car build. All it needs is black plastic A-arms instead of the stock grey rubbery-plastic A-arms, and normal rally-car-size tires. Then you can put any rally-car body you want on it.

The XV-01TC is a straight-up touring car build, with different A-arms, caster blocks, hubs, and axles than the rest of the XV-01 range uses. Also the XV-01TC uses a slightly longer shock shaft in the front, which you don't need to use if you want super-low ground clearance, but if you don't use the longer shock shaft in the front you'll have to add down-travel limiters to the rear shocks to get equal ride height front-to-rear.

All of the XV-01s can be fitted with CVDs in the rear and double-cardan driveshafts (DCDs) in the front. The TC version takes 44mm rear CVDs and 44mm front DCDs, and the other versions take 39mm rear CVDs and 42mm front DCDs. They can also use CVDs in the front, of course, but I prefer DCDs because they don't rattle the front suspension when cornering. DCDs will require slightly thinner 5x10x3mm inboard front wheel bearings to provide extra clearance for the DCDs. Team Associated sells these bearings so you don't have to buy them from Tamiya.

None of this is to say you should get one or the other. It depends on whether you want to drive on pavement only (TC version) or dirt and grass too (all the other versions).
so the xv01tcpro is basically another belt driven, front motor version of tt02? (I have a tt02 r and type S, ta03fs and ta03-twin motor)

sounds like i should be getting the xv01t.

just not sure if I can get the wheels and rims of the xv01t on its own