R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 05:42 AM
lyons238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shaun B22
Frank....I finally got a chance to run my 3.0 at our first club race of the season. The car felt good. Great job by the TLR team on this one. I have built the car to the manual specs, is there any suggestions you may have to make it even better.....we run on mixed carpet over hard smooth packed clay/dirt with only 6 to 8 inch jumps and a couple banked turns....we have a 1 - 2 degree negative banked sweeper leading to our 120' straight.

Thanks for any advice
the 3.0 isnt the best carpet car because of the most rearward motor tranny design.

but all of these parts will tremendously transform your car"
- laydown trans kit (puts the weight low and forward for front traction)
- alum rear hubs
- stiffer rear spring, softer front
- alum front camber block
- 19mm ride height
- remove ball studs from the steering spindles, as to eliminate the bump steer and allow for some tighter steering on carpet
- serpent SRX2 gear diff with 2 packs of kyosho diff shims to shim it to a perfect fit
- CF front shock tower
- alum servo mounts
- alum steering rack

all of this stuff will help stiffen up the car and increase steering and preceision you need on carpet, plus it gets the weight more on the front wheels because you have plenty of forward bite, you need steering.

the car pushes a lot unless you set it up for carpet.

this is the exact reason i sold my 3.0 and got a XRAY XB2 CE because it comes stock ready to go for carpet, and with the 3.0 i would have to put more money into it than buying the XRAY kit. the TLR is still my favorite 2wd clay car, but i haven't tried the XRAY XB2 DE yet so who knows.