R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 01:56 PM
chris moore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by bdmpastx
Yeah he is driving back so it may be a while.
I was driving mine and it was fantastic. On my best run of the weekend, I was all set to qualify for the B but I rolled it after clipping the rail on the last lap and the corner assumed my race was over and it cost me my extra lap dropping me into the C. I ended up winning the C main...Oh well, it happens. I used JFT Dark blue fronts, glued on the outside and JFT pink rears. I sauced the tires 10 races before mine and wiped them 5 races in until they were almost dry. It was really dialed. I was running an older D4 13.5 I bought over a year ago and it couldn't keep up with the A main drivers with Motiv and Ready motors. I am just doing this for the hobby (fun of it) and I really don't spend a lot so I wasn't prepared to buy the motor of the month. I may have been down on power but it didn't ruin my weekend of fun.

As for the setup, I was running 3.4mm ride height, adjusted the springs to give me that height on the front, then adjusted the droop screws until it moved, then added a 1/4 turn of preload to it. So no droop. The rear was the same with about .5-.8mm of droop. This track is so smooth and the rear end of this car was stuck and the suspension seemed to like this. Our home track (RSD) is really bumpy in places and there is no way I could get by doing this there. The glue on the front was absolutely necessary on the black carpet. Either that or cut 1 run tires at 38.3mm. They both felt the same so I opted to go bigger at 39mm and glue to get more runs on them.

A lot of us in Texas have not been able to run on the black carpet, in fact almost all of us. Cristian and I only did it once up in Dallas at Banana so it was a leaning experience and we both walked away with more knowledge.

There off the top of my head, there were 6 RR12s there. There may have been one more.
Thanks for the info, what springs and shock oil did you use and did you change those for this track? Like you I'm just in the hobby for fun not a career and I may never get to run on the new carpet at all. But would be nice to have a baseline setup if I ever do.