R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 05:11 AM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by lee82gx
Hi guys, b4 i go off on my RC sabbatical for 3 months (i have to go for training) i just got myself a TIR spool for my CGM(i just couldn't help it!)
I would like to hear some tips on how it's going to affect my car's handling. Currently I'm driving with a one-way and to be honest, i'ma rippin'. Just wanted to try something different.
SO, what can i expect from a spool in a tiny track and also, what settings should i change just in case my car goes all awkwardly?

Johnbull, time to speak up!

Thanks in advance!
Happy racing.
I think you can expect other racers to run circles around you on tight, technical layouts (ie most indoor tracks).... at least that's what I found out.

I gave up on the spool... not enough turn-in in slow sections for me.

I guess with foams it's different, but for rubber on carpet it just didn't work for me. there's one circumstance where it really rocks, it's when there's a weird slow section at the end of a fast straight... the spool helps the car stay stable. Otherwise, I found it slowed me down.

Good news btw: Last weekend, first 2005 round of the swiss nats, 70 drivers... One and just one Yokomo in the whole paddocks... Guess who won the 17T class?

The car will retire at the peak of its glory... My FK05 is already ordered. back to belts!

Cheers,
Paul