R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 09:54 AM
Slapjack
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Thank you for confirming the part number. Yea, I just thought about doing that with the stock shaft. This was last night at like 1:30am and I was pretty tired and frustrated by that point.
Just wanted to make another post about what my issue was with the shocks on my new kit. At first I thought it was the TiNi shaft that I bought that was giving me a notchy rough feel when compressing the shocks. So I went home last night and removed the piston from the shaft and worked the shock up and down... Perfectly smooth. Got the same result with the stock shaft. Then I put the piston on the stock shaft and got the notchy feel again. I grabbed a Q-tip and pulled the cotton off one end and ran the stick down inside the body of the shock and the bottom 1/2" of the inside of the body I could feel these grooves. So I held it up to the light and you can see there were these circular grooves inside the body at the bottom. There weren't jagged or anything but they were very shallow. That is what was causing my problem. Anyone else ever experienced this?

I also wanted to commend Tekno RC on their customer service. I emailed them about the issue and they got right back to me and sent out 2 new shock bodies (so the colors would match) along with a new bottle of shock fluid and a return label to send in the faulty shock so they could inspect it. Excellent customer service Tekno!! Keep up the good work.