R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VBC Racing D08
Thread: VBC Racing D08
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 07:09 PM
Benzaah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by 69rotang
They may fit if you ground off the lug that it has which locks it in place on the DO8 chassis. Im also unsure if the screw holes are in the same place.
As mentioned grind of the lugs and you'll be fine. A few guys have gone back to the 07 holders on the 08 due to the weak pill issue we e been suffering with.

This weekend gone we had the Australian Victorian state titles. This is the next state over and we arrived Thursday morning to an unprepared track. Spent all Thursday learning the track to then have the grip go through the roof once it was sugared. I started from scratch again on Friday practice and didn't really find a great set up. Went into qualifying not really confident but hopeful to pull of a few good rounds. Learning the new track was the hardest part and there were lots of fast locals out to prove a point. My 40 year old eyes and reflexes aren't what they used to be!

I ran 13.5 Blinky in a 34 car feild finishing 12th overall. My best rounds were a 6 and 7 but I had a 12th which gave me the dreaded BQ. The car was quick but inconsistent with the varying track temps. I had some great battles. I'll post a set up when I can be bothered looking at the car again.

We tested a lot of stuff and changed the flex settings in the blocks, motor mount and steering posts through the event. Will be interesting to see how the car handles at the next club meet with the new set up.

Great drive by FredP's son to win the B group. The kids going to be one to watch as he's got a lot of talent.