R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiay Lunch Box Re release
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 03:35 AM
Maxximize
Tech Regular

Default Tamiay Lunch Box Re release

Hey guys I'm not sure if this is the right section for this but here goes. I just bought me a brand new Lunch Box Black Edition I remember seeing these all over the place as a kid and always wanted one. Well, now I finally can have one! I plan to keep this thing pretty mild and mostly stock. The only mods I am going to do right away is full ball bearings, and a front chassis brace, and put a Traxxas connector on the ESC for use with my 2S LiFe packs. I plan to shoot a few vids of this running, hopefully alongside my brushed mini Revo when it warms up outside. Maybe a drag race??

I do have some questions, though. When I ordered it, Tower had the Tamiya 101BK listed as the included ESC. My kit, however, came with the TBLE 02S. I noticed immediately it has 3 motor leads and a sensor plug for use with sensored brushless motors. I did a little digging, and found out that ESC is a 60 amp unit capable of handling down to a 10.5T sensored motor. Now, with the prices of budget sensored motors being pretty affordable these days, what turn motor would be a good match with this truck? I have seen videos of it running with Super stock motors and 10.5 to 8.5T brushless motors, and I think the Super stocks border on too much power, and a 10.5T brushless is definitely too much for the truck and makes it impossible to drive. Not to mention you can't change gearing unless you can find a adjustable mount. So, since 17.5T brushless motors seem to be about equal with high end 27 turn brushed, would a 15.5T brushless be a good option to match what a sport tuned 25 turn brushed motor could do? Anybody running a CW-01 chassis truck with brushless in it?