R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Spyder SRX2 SCT Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 05:38 PM
JPucko
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Picked up the rtr sct for my sons birthday. We've only took it for one outing to practice at the track(outdoor, loose dirt). Ran 3 battery's through it. My impression and problems I had:
So it would jump most times nicely but 4 or 5 times it would cut power momentarily before the jump.
Other times it would take the jump nicely but then trying the brake to bring the nose down it didn't work at all and truck would land on its rear.
When it did actually jump nice and respond from the trigger inputs mid air, if the landing was a bit hard (4-5 times) the throttle would then not work( I'd have steering and the ESC fan is still working) but I'd have no throttle unless I switched the truck off then back on.
The steering assembly worked its way looser as the day went on( that can be fixed, I'll pull it apart and maybe shim it up and some loctite).
The only positive (and it's a big one) was the truck took an absolute beating( cartwheels, roof landings, you name it) and not one thing broke. So I'm kinda 50/50 at the moment with this truck. I hope I can sort it out so my son can enter a race and not worry about not finishing.