R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Any Other More Active Large Scale References?
Old 04-06-2016, 03:52 PM
puppeli
Tech Adept

I also looked at the 5ive but the price seems way too much to justify when you have clones less than half the price with upgrades already on then. Plus 30.5cc engine with a pipe and a radio that is usable. I'm going to get the KM-X2 myself and with the difference get some spares and more upgrades to the truck. It already comes with stiffer base plate made from harder alloy so I think it will be a great platform later on to throw an engine with more power on it. Here in Australia the 5ive cost about US$1700 with 26cc engine and poor radio so the real price after you address those issues is about plus US$2200 depending of the radio and engine you get. Just a roller is US$1300. And the truck still haven't got any upgrades on it. KM-X2 US$719 RTR. You have to email them to get a quote.
http://www.kingmotor.cn/racing/fourdrive/show-71.html

I'm getting mine with two clear bodies/frames and alloy wheels + couple of hundred dollars worth of spares like screw kits and seals and bearings and spark plugs and piston ring that seems to be one of the wearing parts etc. Just to have a starter kit in my toolbox and to anticipate the running cost and maintenance. I like to paint mine and maybe go close to Losi theme not sure yet. Of course these are extra but so much cheaper than if you go and by Losi parts. If you get the Losi body you are looking around +$300 and that is just too much for "bend coke bottle". Now days the clones are just as good as Losi and they have more upgrades out of the box.

For me it is about the money because I don't think I will race my. But if you have the money for Losi and extra $1500 to make the upgrades compared to KM-X2 it is a great truck.

I did a lot of research before making my mind about KM-X2 because when they first started to make clones they were in poor standard and lot of problems. Now all is fixed and you can't really fail them and there are many happy owners.