R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 01:31 AM
blarks
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like you've got like -20 degrees camber on your car. When you put the wheels/tires on and set on ground does it look right?
If you are referring to how far back the steering block is, no I only had that turned that far to show how the arm would hit on steering, camber is fine, as far as the caster blocks they are the standard 9 degrees, it says 9 on them. If you see the attached pic of the manual and notice the hinge pin orientation with the short side to the back, this groove cut in the hinge pin matches up with the set screw in the caster block, I also have the r and l blocks on according to what the manual says is left and right, this caster looks normal, like on all of my other buggies, which is the second picture in my last post. With the other way around (the first pic) the caster looks abnormal. Also on google searching the turnbuckles point slightly rearward, when I had the caster blocks in the other way my turnbuckles were pointing slightly forward. The whole setup look wrong to me as soon as I had done it, so I reverted back to the way I originally had it.

If you look at the first pic in my last post this the way I had changed it to and to me this doesn't look correct, caster looks opposite of what it should be, it also goes against the manual with the short end of the hinge pin being to the front of the car. I believe how I originally had it is in fact the correct way.

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Are you looking at the front of the car and thinking (L) or are you pretending your driving and thinking (L)
I am looking at the car from the back and going by how the manual refers to left and right, which is from the back, also in reference to the hinge pin direction according to the manual there is really only one way to put the caster blocks on. So it brings me back to the original problem. As it is now it should be ok, but the track I intend to run on is smooth and per the manual the short bushings should be on the top thus where the problem started. As I don't really know anyone else with an xb4 I will either need to find someone locally or ask here which is why I am here So I am a little about it. I am not new to rc and have several xray cars so to me it is a little strange.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	manual1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1357453