R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion Advantage Charger
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 02:22 AM
yellow15
Tech Regular

I just received my Team Orion Advantage Charger and after using it for a while here are a few questions:

1. Is the "step charge" mode setting a global setting? i.e. not specific/related to each "battery data" presets? I got a few different batteries with different capacity, it's a pain that i have to reprogramme it everytime.

2. Is the "tickle charge" and "repeak time" setting global? can i make it different for each battery data preset? i have NiCD and also NiMH batteries.. it would be a pain if i have to go back to the manual and disable (enable) tickle charge everytime i charge a different battery.

3. What does the "battery type" value really use for? i mean if we choose Ni-mh. what is the real difference compare to i set it to "NiCD". Now, please don't tell me it's for each battery type, i want to know HOW does the charger actually use this info to handle the charge/discharge differently, as we can set the peak detection and tickle charge value separately

4. Is it possible to find out what cause the charging to stop? i.e. peak detection, temperature above preset value or capacity reach preset value.

5. is the symbol that looks like "_|_" during the step charge mode means "mega flex"?

Hope someone can answer me this questions