R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Norse
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by man1ac
You spelled everythin correct! Oh had a look: Its "Scheuerfeld" so you mixed it up a bit (Germans quite tricky )
Thanks!

Some of his prices are bearable. Last remaining issue then is to spent 480$ on one single kit, get a decent pair of tires and give it a go! Any suggestions on gear/spur? Would run a 8.5T Sonich M2 (as for the entry i think it will be damn fast enough).
Main issue I have is: I would be one out of 10 guys going for an Xray, everybode else has a B44.3. So sharing parts/intel wont go well for me

Just heard from a collague that the XB4 is more of a highgrip car (as the YZ-4) so he wouldnt recomment it for the track I am running on. The clay can be sticky as hell when perfect wet/dry and be as dusty as a desert.
The XB4 is awesome on lower bite tracks. Purchase the medium flex chassis braces and rails. Possible center gear diff as it is really nice for lower bite conditions. There is plenty availble droop within the buggy thus as well being many possibilities regarding set up. I run mine on a track that gets super dusty, super bumpy, thus full blown off road and the XB4 works excellent. Plus the quality is at the highest level, hence its very durable, very easy to work on. You won't be disappointed.