R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 05:45 PM
drepus
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
I've never thought about this before, but I'm assuming the inverse applies as well? Moving the battery further forward could result in more weight shifting to the rear on power, potentially increasing on-power traction? Or is the benefit of having the static weight closer to the rear end of the car outweigh the weight transfer?
Having the battery farther forward will generally reduce steering into a corner but increase steering out of the corner on power. It will also reduce rear grip coming out of the turn..
If you need more steering into a corner try increasing camber, reducing caster or raise the roll centre. If you need more steering on power try reducing front droop(more limiters inside front shocks),stiffening rear springs or moving weight forward.
Our cars are optimized for dirt. On carpet the rear ends feel too planted and can give the car a general feeling of slight push. Standard things I usually end up with on carpet include using the optional "0" front caster blocks to increase steering overall, move the battery full or almost full forward, stiffer springs front and rear, and move the shocks out all the way on the arms.