R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 03-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Mason
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JC8390
Whats the advantage if any to the aluminum rear hub? I Just picked them up because the LFS didn't have the standard in stock and.... A Main.... is taking their merry time on my order.
Originally Posted by Gearhead82
Well. . . I can tell you that I broke one of the little rectangular plastic camber inserts on my rear hub a couple weeks ago. It seems like somewhat of a weak spot. The aluminum ones get rid of that whole tab/insert system so that's a plus in my book. I've been considering getting the aluminum hubs for that reason but one of the guys at the track gave me his old set of plastic hubs so I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.

I think they also give you more adjustment options.

Did you find them locally? Asking because I know you race at the same track as I do but I haven't found any local shops that carry ANYTHING for the B5M let alone upgraded parts! Unless they happened to have them at the little shop at the track.
The aluminium hubs are "stronger" but give more fine adjustments over roll center at the hub end. Personally I still use the stock plastic hubs with a metal washer over the plastic side to help with the pulling through problem.
I think there are better aluminum hub options than the Associated ones because breaking a ball stuff off in that is just a plain ol' nightmare.