R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 03-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Yanks213x
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gearhead82
Well. . . I can tell you that I broke one of the little rectangular plastic camber inserts on my rear hub a couple weeks ago. It seems like somewhat of a weak spot. The aluminum ones get rid of that whole tab/insert system so that's a plus in my book. I've been considering getting the aluminum hubs for that reason but one of the guys at the track gave me his old set of plastic hubs so I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.

I think they also give you more adjustment options.

Did you find them locally? Asking because I know you race at the same track as I do but I haven't found any local shops that carry ANYTHING for the B5M let alone upgraded parts! Unless they happened to have them at the little shop at the track.
Those plastic inserts broke on me 3 times over the course of 3 nights of racing. It was extremely frustrating. I think some people just get lucky and don't break them. ATM I would highly recommend the aluminum hubs. I got the AE ones but Schelle Racing also makes them. I wanted the Schelle ones but my shot only had the AE in stock. The only issue with the AE is if you break the ballstud off in it and can't get it out, you'll have to toss the whole hub. If you break a ball stud in the Schelle ones, you'll just have to replace that part and not the whole thing.