R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Turtle Speed
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks all for the advice/suggestions! I think I am gonna set this up for Stock Class 17.5. Any suggestions on ESC/Motor combos that are competitive but don't break the bank? I know that is asking alot but there is some good stuff out there that isn't that bad in price.

One person told me to just stick with ORION Stock class ESC or am I better of getting the ESC that can also run the modified motors and run that in BLINKY??? I think that is correct. LOL! Blinky means that the ESC is automatically detuned to the ROAR sanctioned 17.5/Stock specs and nothing more! Or are there some other ESC's that offer the same performance for a better value?

Another suggestion was to get the TRINITY 24K motor for around $95 but have seen the reviews on the ECO Power from AMain and they seem to be pretty positive and the price is pretty nice and I like the Dual port on the back a whole lot!

The 210 that I bought is used but it is like a month old. Comes with the Lunsford Titanium TB and Ti screw kit. Some Exotek suff. Spare Ball Diff and some other spares I believe. It also has a conversion that the previous owner did to run the shorty sideways as far back as possible in MM. However, I really like what Wally came up with and how he did his conversion so I may be changing that aspect of the car but otherwise gonna get the electronics and run it!

I am getting back into this so bear with my stupid questions that are simple knowledge to all of you.