R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB-TE03
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 03:42 PM
StevenS
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by caltek1
I have been running my Te03 since early last year in both 13.5 and 21.5 blinky and never had the tyre issue. I used one of Helda's earlier setups and still have it on my car. I think I only made one or two minor changes. I have used both muchmore rush 36 and volante 36 tyres with no issues.
I did change the springs to X ray 2.5-2.8 progressive up front and 2.5 on the rear. I have not tried the above new setup, but can give it a shot.
On another note, what are the changes for the evo version? New bottom chassis and bulkheads?
I purchased an extra set of shocks which are black and I had no issues when constructing them. I did drill a 1mm hole in the shock tops, so I could get zero rebound. Or as close to it as possible.
I have not tried harder oil in the rear shocks, just run the same front and rear. Just ise the softer springs.
My setup has worked at Whalan and Newcastle. (I was running a different setup,at the gp last year, although I have not really ran the car much this year.
Anyway, not sure if I will update to the evo. Not sure if it is worthwhile.
I may see you Steven at Tamworth, but depends on work and the family requirements.
Regards,
Calvin.
would be great if you could come to tamworth , but work and family comes first. as for the tyres its more than likely a combo of both track and setup.
steven.