R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - orion rush 13x2 running slow and hot
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 12:24 PM
howard hudson
Tech Elite

Default Re: orion rush 13x2 running slow and hot

Originally posted by insane2k
new orion rush double bearing 13x2 is running slow and hot.
rc10b4 3300mha bat, futaba mc330cr esc, deans plugs, running fine previously on other 13x2 motors.

i got the car out for a spin and it was going fine, then it lost speed all of a sudden. swapped the batts, still the same. unmounted the 13x2 and ran it on the desk, and its top speed bounces low for a while and might jump high for a few secs then back again. esc is running cool.

comms seems to be clean, brushes arent black or chipped, came good again for a bit after rebuilding. but then dropped off again. the timing is zeroed and either direction seems to have no effect. the orion is notched so you cant screw up the timings btw.

electrics seems to be getting a some interference, but otherwise okay.

i'm about to change brushes, replace the cap, play with the spacers some more, and if still nothing, i'll be swapping the armature into a spare newish can and endbell (last 13x2 had a coil blow out).

so yer, help?!?! any tips or insight would be sweet.
its getting so hot its starts to smell. and i dont wanna do that too much so i dont toast the magnets.

have the com trued (cut) get rid of those screw on brushes. get some high quality mod brushes with a lot of silver in them maybe like trinity 4483's I think are stand up type.

when a low quailty brush is used it leaves a coating on the com from the brush its self and makes the motor sluggish

also you should be running 15 to 18 degrees timming