R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 11:45 AM
serpentracer1
Tech Fanatic

Yea the shirt is off the hook! Myself along with just a few have experimented with the T-bar and have found that it has a positive effect on the way the car handles.doesnt allow the chassis to roll as much and the car goes thru the turns flatter and smoother thus providing enormous corner speed.I have recessed the chassis 2 different ways and they both work.1 was take .040 in square around where the 4 screws are it makes a nice recessed box look.The other is to recess just enough where the heads of the screws go into a recession but not hit the chassis when the T-bar is slammed to within .010 of the chassis.So their are differnt ways of doing it.

I bought the .081 T-bar to run at nationals and larger races because the bite is so much that the car is stuck to the track like a slot car where ever you point it it goes.and too stuck is a bad thing it slows the car down so much entering and exiting the corner its crazy.Using that T-bar loosens the rear abit so its not to planted and then I work with the frt end normally I widen it abit to I feel the car rotates to my liking in the corner.From my experience with the different forms of racing I've done I want a car that is just on the edge where it wants to break rear traction and frt but it doesnt it seems to be the fastes way around any corner.I've always called it riding on that fine line before disaster strikes.Might sound alittle funny but the car is really faster that way.