R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 09:24 PM
cnelson3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel
I've witnessed this configuration at our local astroturf track, this setup is simply amazing on high grip — no doubt about it. Just generates so much grip and has similar driving characteristics of a 4WD buggy. Very, very impressive.

I cannot imagine this will be the sole RB6 replacement. From what I have read, for lower traction surfaces this configuration will not be optimal. If this is the case, Kyosho will split the 2016 2WD product line two ways. A high grip config and a lower grip config like Yokomo and X-Ray has done. I suspect, as I peer into my crystal ball, ALL the manufacturers will follow this trend. Place a bet anyone?
I think they have to. I haven't run on anything but dirt and clay so the RZ6 doesn't interest me much. However, it seems like everyone else in the world runs on carpet or turf of some sort and i'm guessing Kyosho sells more cars in Europe and Asia than they do in America. Honestly, I'm just waiting on a chassis that accepts a sideways shorty pack and a kyosho made 3 gear.