R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 09:08 AM
goehm
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stelio279
Isn't dual rate the same as EPA, but just applied equally to both directions... usually applied to steering?

I've never seen a "dead band" using EPA. In other words, if I use 80% EPA, that 80% of throw is still only reached at max trigger pull/ wheel turn, no? Or maybe I just never noticed...
I thought Dual Rate was applied to both directions as well. So in this case it wouldn't work well for numbing the throttle because it would also affect brake. I've never seen a dead band with EPA either. At 80%, it should mean that 100% pull the servo only moved 80% of it's normal distance. It shouldn't make the last 20% of your trigger pull a dead band/dead space.

I usually use EPA and/or exponential to limit the amount of throttle and braking individually.

For steering I use EPA to limit overall steering throw (so that I'm not trying to move the steering beyond it's physical limits), but typically de-tune with exponential if needed. I think in this case Dual Rate and exponential could work well to tune steering because if you use Dual Rate in this application it would affect both left and right throws equally (to limit the maximum amount of steering available on both L/R turns) so that you set this at one place, versus having to reduce the throw individually for L/R via EPA.