R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 12:00 PM
justpoet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfrankito
Anyone else upgrade their 410 to the .3? I just did and had a couple of questions. 1. are the spindle carrier's different on the .3 than the original. I am currently using the original spindle carrier's and from lock to lock the throw is way shorter than before. 2. I also upgraded to the tapered center front drive shaft. It's rubbing on the front brace. do you have to shave it a bit to fit? Looks like the tapered is a little higher than the original one. Other than learning the new dots LOL, truck is awesome.
Tapered drive shaft should be fine with nothing done to it. It is wider than the old steel center shaft, but not wider than the old aluminum shaft. I would suggest grabbing a video of the issue you're having and then we can try to help figure it out. I generally end up with a LITTLE rub there after a while thanks to all the chassis flex from "Hey, watch this!" moments with my SC, but it isn't normal and isn't much.

Spindles are different (larger outer bearing), but the carriers are the same part number, so should not affect steering throw.

Maybe something on the front went back together slightly different if you're having 2 new issues there, or needs camber/toe reset. I'd double check all of that just to be sure.