R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 02-28-2016, 05:37 AM
Les Vegetables
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
TC5man, I wouldn't call carpet a East coast thing. The bowl is the only indoor carpet off road that I know of and of course T&L coming soon which is on and off road. Its more of a PA thing. Everywhere else within 2 hours of T&L is dirt or clay.
There are carpet tracks with jumps (its not offroad) sprinkled throughout the country. I've heard there are some up in the Pacific Northwest, and I know of a couple other states that have them too. The vast majority of tracks that have jumps are made of dirt or clay.

Carpet, and some clay tracks (like SRS) have enough grip that a car with the motor further forward is going to perform better. If you (TC5) feel the B5M in its regular configuration is great on carpet just the way it is then either you are not pushing the car enough to need to go to an LCG transmission, and/or there is nobody that you have raced against that has a car with an LCG setup to show you how much faster they are.

Xray and Yokomo are global companies. They make Carpet versions of their cars for their home markets, and dirt cars for the U.S. AE & TLR are U.S. based and their focus is right here in the U.S., where almost all of the tracks are dirt. There are companies that make parts to make the B5M into a carpet/astro car, and AE has stated they are fine with that. Chevy and Ford don't make pickup trucks in Europe, and AE and TLR make cars for the dirt.

I am so sick of this pandering to the 1% b.s. I'm sure AE and TLR are working tirelessly on a car for transgender, bi-racial, paraplegics to use on carpet.

There is a carpet track with jumps that is getting ready to open up about a little over an hour away from me. I'll check it out, but I'm not going to change my whole car around to optimize it for carpet. If carpet were my only option, that might be a different story. As long as there is a track made out of dirt, thats where I'll be.

Also, please take the PA/NJ track talk to the appropriate area of the forum. This is the B5M thread.