R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 12:25 AM
micholix
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Micholix,
I see your modified the plastic front bulkhead to decrease to front kickup. Is it possible to to maybe heat the aluminum a little and bend it to decrease the kick up as well?

Everybody out there would it weaken it?
Answer to other persons question. With the high grip tracks of today, the 25 and 30 degree kick-up is too much, 20 degrees is probably more ideal.

Micholix, I know the HPI blitz SC had some front aluminum bulkheads that decrease the kickup at the inner hinge pin. We may be able to modify those to work as well, then the brace would still line up? Or talk to exotek. Who make an aluminum bulkhead to get them to reduce the kickup in the bulkhead at the inner hinge pin. Just some thoughts.

Fred, that would decrease the need for the outer shimming with same castor gains?!
Hi Wally,

It is may possible, to bend the kit chassis back, but the hard coating will crack at this area and i dont know, if you do not weaken the aluminum by doing that, as the high grade aloy doesnt like bending that much and you have to be carefull too, to get the angle right!?
I dont would like to destroy my original chassis, as i want to do my own cf chassis, with an built in 20 deg kik-up.
I mad this mod, to try it out first and it was an easy modification, it took me about 15 min to do and maybe another for drilling the new top brace threads.

Sorry, i dont know the hpi blitz bulk head, could you please post a pic?

Interresting thing would be, to have an front bulk head with some inserts to change kik-up by the inner hing pin, i think i've seen somthing like that for the b5, but not sure!?