R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Gman313
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stuff
Hey Rob,

The biggest hurdle we need to clear to have an off-road season this year is the drivers stand. It's in dire need of a new deck, new stairs and a new railing. Some members have looked at it and the estimates have ranged from $300 to $900... Currently, once you subtract our recurring expenses the club doesn't have the money to cover this.

We've talked about some fundraising to make this season happen in the form of asking people to pre-pay their entries for the season, likely offering a discount for those that do. A few have stepped up, but not enough so far. In addition we also have insurance and porta-potty rental to consider.

The other main area of concern was in the actual running of the races and shepherding of the scoring equipment, as Earl won't be running off-road this season. I've volunteered to take care of those, but it won't matter if we don't get the stand fixed up!

In short, we need people to commit to making this season happen, to make it happen.

Greg G
I'd love to race off road this year. I'll help with the stand and I'd call two races....

The other Greg