R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is this?
Thread: What is this?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:19 AM
litespeed-dom
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In the mid-late 80's when I was a teenager living in Hong Kong, manufacturers only made pretty much buggies, YOKOMO YZ834B, RPS Yokomo, Kyosho Optima, Turbo Optima, Optima Mid, Optima Mid SE, Salute, Lazer ZX, Lazer ZX-R, ZX-RR.... What we used to do was to immediately make the car an onroad car. We didn't have any dirt track so everyone transform their buggies into an onroad car, we would buy stock wheels then take them to any hobby shop and they'll mount and true foam tires for you, that's how we ran them on road. Some used the original buggy body, some get a "Car" body like this one here.

I'm pretty sure this is a Lazer ZX, because the Optima-mid only used stick pack and the ZX-R gave it a "graphite" chassis so you can use saddle pack. Then the ZX-R alsogives you graphite shock towers and Kyosho gold shocks. If I remember right, there was also a ZX-RR and I don't remember the differences anymore.

Man, this brings back a lot of good old memories.... this is WAY before the word "TC" was invented in the r/c world.

This is what the original body on the ZX-R looks like

Dom