R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 03:11 AM
dan_vector
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy63
That is pretty much what i came up with, the 3,5 brackets in front upgrade is a must for better car on carpet. Also what i learned this weekend is that it is very good to use 550 oil rear and 500 front and 1,4 ARB around and that seems to settle the car also. You can also try shim front part of top deck to get rid of the flex from the front. I tried another top deck this weekend and it didnt work well. Standard top deck is the best on small tracks atleast.
I agree on you dont need the drilled holes. The carseems to get more air in after 1 run.

I dont seem to be able to get zero rebound with stock shocks. What lenght on the shock shaft are you using?
I get zero rebound on the stock shock setup (no hole in cap) shaft length with ball end at 11.5mm as per the manual. All I do is use a 3mm caster clip on the shock shaft and when bleeding the shock push the shaft in and hold it against the clip/bottom of shock while tightening the cap very slowly. This gives zero rebound repetitively. If I push the shaft all the way in when bleeding I end up with a negative pressure in the shock which sucks the shaft back in when fully extended.

On the old SS shocks from the 3.0 I used the same technique as above but needed a 4mm caster clip to get the same results. Hope that helps?