R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated T5M Discussion
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 07:25 PM
draboyd19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The JConcepts chassis protector weighs in at 14 grams, as an FYI. Worth the weight for me, and looks slick as well.

Also, I run a shorty pack and did some testing with it last night at open practice night. I had it in the back, but moved it to the front to take away some rear bite and apply it to the front - car felt better to me and my driving style (note that by doing this though, it does change the ride height so note that - my rear dropped 2mm). The truck seemed to have more rear bite than I would like, so going to swap out the front shock oil (had 37.5 in it, and going to put some 32.5 in it for next time out). That should balance it out a little more.

I currently run a 4 gear, but will be going with the 3 gear in the next week or so not sure how that will change things. My goal is to get the truck under 1,850, and if the 3 gear takes it down 50 grams, I'll be under that weight race ready, without any of the titanium stuff, which may come later (personally, I like the black turnbuckles that are on it).

Thanks for all for the advice on things so far. Only had one practice night on the T5M, but can tell that I'm really going to like it over my buggy.