R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The "Big Race"
Thread: The "Big Race"
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 04:55 PM
jjmudd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I really enjoyed the Abbotsford race when Pavidis was there...very early in my R/C experience!!

I think that there are two types of races that get people travelling: series races, like the WCICS and big/one off races like the Abby race or what I am trying to do with the CAI.

One of the things I think we need to be carefull of is working together to make RC racing work, because we are really a small community of guys and too much of a good thing could in actuallity hurt the sport.

Here are a couple examples of what I mean:
1. The 2005 CAI is in conflict with the Red Deer WCORS because of poor communication and could affect turn out at both events
2. In one of the above posts, Dave talks about running a big/one off race in November but that is when the first WCICS race is held in Edmonton.

I could go on but you get the point. Don't get me wrong either...I love both the series race and the one off races, because like you guys I love to see the fast guys run and I like to race more guys that are at my level (makes me work harder to be better). I just think that we really need to take into consideration the races that are happening already and work together to make this sport more attractive to more people and if we end up with too many races to go to, atendance will be down for all of them.